iTunes DRM limitations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
Hey,

I am adding the new 20" G5 iMac to my family of apple products and as my library of music is stored on my 30gb ibook HD, I wanted to transfer my library accross to the G5 as that will have a larger HD.

As I am down to my last 7gb on the ibook, I can free this up to at least 14gb if I transfer my music off the ibook but are concerned about any limits the DRM places on my purchased music. I know you can only burn so many times but can you only transfer on to so many computers?

I do plan to keep fairly upto speed with my macs and I will probably will be changing my machines over my lifetime so I just wanted to know what limitations, if any, I should be aware about? If there are limitations on this, is any advice anyone can give on ensuring that I dont end up not being able to keep my music for a lifetime?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can only authorize up to 5 machines at a time to play your DRM music so you shouldn't have an issue. Once you remove the music from your iBook it's important to go into iTunes and under the Advanced menu choose "Deauthorize computer..." if you're not going to use it to play your music any longer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.