just about ipad benefits :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad 3 64gb
so how much time you spend per day using the iPad and what you doing with that gadget mostly? or maybe are people who are dissapoinded with ipad? just asking about how good is experience with ipad:)

C

chas_m

I can only give you my own experience, but I spend about two hours a day with the iPad. What I mostly use it for is what I call "casual computing" -- nothing too important. FaceTime, e-mail, surfing, reading and photography viewing, games and now (more and more) photo editing.

I really, REALLY enjoy the iPad, as it helps me separate my "work life" from my "leisure life," it has helped me to read more for pleasure, and it's powerful enough to take with me on trips instead of the MacBook all the time. I had until yesterday the iPad 1 but I sold it (for half what I paid for it, which is more than I expected) and bought the new one today. Still "restoring" it at the moment but I'm sure I will enjoy it even more, particularly for reading.

As I mentioned, I already have a "regular" Mac (a MacBook, soon to upgrade to a MacBook Pro) and I also have an iPhone 4 so there's a bit of overlap between the iPhone 4 and the iPad, but not enough to detract from the iPad. Now that I have the new iPad I expect to start using it more for TV/Movie viewing as well.

Reaction score
I use my iPad solely as an ebook reader (and ocassionally waste time playing games on it). Now that I've upgraded from an iPad 1 to an iPad 3 I can actually use it for my gaming. The iPad 1 was simply unable to cope with 50MB+ PDFs which was unfortunate as many of the PDFs I needed it to cope with were above this size range. I'm really happy that my iPad 3 is now capable of handling these sizes.

I can now resume moving away from physical books and moving solely into PDFs once more which will help with my storage issues.

In addition I read comics on my iPad and surf the web on it.

I'm hopeful I'll be able to sell my iPad 1 for a couple of hundred, thus reducing the price of my iPad for me.

Reaction score
Use it several times a day:
Email
Calendar
Task management
Notes
News
Websites for information
Forums
Image management
Reading eBooks
Giving presentations
Word documents (reading, storing, transmitting)
Writing
Navigation
Scanning
Spreadsheets

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.