Quick emergancy help needed!

Reaction score
I am just doing an update right now, but it is still doing it when the bar has reached the end, it has done this for 10 miniutes, and i went to look on my usage, and it said it was only 174 mb , but its turning out to be 1gb! ! Please help! I am very worried that it shall drain all my space, or is their a way to cancle an update?

OP
IpodTouch4Me
Reaction score
Okay, luckily the iPod has now done the downloading, and has restarted, but now it has just been an aple and a line under neath it, and it has hardly budges for 5 miniutes. Wait, it hasn't even budged...SHOULD I be worried?!?! I am panicing that all my GB's will go! I only had 4.8 before i started, then it went to 4.0! it was supposed to be 174 mb!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I'm taking a wild guess here, because you've provided very little information: but my guess is you're updating an iOS device to 5.1 and it's taken more space then you thought?

Don't worry - the initial load, expand and install of the new OS will initially take more space, but when it is complete, it will be released.

DO NOT cancel the upgrade. Things will get ugly.

OP
IpodTouch4Me
Reaction score
Wow Zoolook, thanks for calming me down, it has now finished, and you was right, it gave me back me 0.9 again, I feel as if I sound like a worried mum, but not any more :)
Thanks Again,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Wow Zoolook, thanks for calming me down, it has now finished, and you was right, it gave me back me 0.9 again, I feel as if I sound like a worried mum, but not any more :)
Thanks Again,

You're welcome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.