Logic board broken but idea

Reaction score
Basically my mid 2010 macbook got wet very minimally, I let it dry for 3 days turned it on ran fine for 5-6 hours but then died because of the battery dieing...went to charge it and it won't charge but I know it runs fine on battery, I have switched the battery from a friends to mine and it works.

So basically does anyone have any thoughts on how I could charge the battery without using another computer? Because I'd rather hold off on the 800 dollar repair and save a bit to just buy a new nicer one a few months from now.

Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
Just in case, this is the macbook that has the battery with the cable that plugs into the logic board.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Basically my mid 2010 macbook got wet very minimally, I let it dry for 3 days turned it on ran fine for 5-6 hours but then died because of the battery dieing...went to charge it and it won't charge but I know it runs fine on battery, I have switched the battery from a friends to mine and it works.

So basically does anyone have any thoughts on how I could charge the battery without using another computer? Because I'd rather hold off on the 800 dollar repair and save a bit to just buy a new nicer one a few months from now.

Thanks

If your MacBook runs fine off the battery...but won't charge the battery...then it would seem that the liquid spill damaged something related to the circuit that is responsible for charging the battery.

Since this is probably a MacBook model with the "non-user replaceable battery"...there probably isn't any sort of external battery charger available to charge the battery.

And even having a 2nd MacBook (same model) to charge the battery would be a bit of a pain...since you would have to work with both computers partially disassembled in order to make battery swapping (for charging purposes) easier.

I think that you're in a very difficult position...but still in a MUCH better position than some folks who have had liquid spills...since in many cases...their computers don't work at all!

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.