Help! problem upgrading to OSX imac G3!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell
I decided to upgrade my G3 600mhz Flowerpower iMac from OS9 to OS10 Jaguar- Ramwise it has a stick of 128 and one of 256 in it-it had been running OS 9 just like new and after the OS10 loaded everything seemed to go OK, as it loaded 10, and I was able to bring up the internet and all other functions and things were going great--but then I went to do the several software updates it seemed to take forever then it actually froze up- I waited and waited and waited and finally just rebooted- However, when I turned it back on now it just goes to the apple screen and the small icon under the apple just spins & spins but it never goes onto to OS9 or OS10- where do I turn for help, or does anyone know a fix for this??? I thought maybe I needed to reinstall the OS, but I am not sure how to as I have never done it before.....thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Did you update your firmware before doing the upgrade to OS X?
If not, go to Apple's site and do a search for the support site that will let you download and install the firmware update.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell
Thanks guys- problem solved!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.