iOS 5.1 Hide Keyboard Bug

Reaction score
I have a very annoying bug going on since I have updated to iOS 5.1 a few days ago: When I am on my home screen and swipe to the far left, where I can search for Apps, music, ... I can see the search box and the keyboard comes up. Now, swiping back to the home screen the keyboard doesn't retract so that I can only see half of my apps. At that point I can swipe back and forth, keyboard doesn't go away, it even still responds when I hit letters - obviously doesn't type anywhere. In order to get rid of it I have to open an app and click the home button again or lock and unlock the phone. This can be reproduced every time I go to the search screen.

Anybody else seeing the same behaviour? Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not seen that happen on any of the plow estate of iOS devices.

Does it still occur after a hard reboot? (hold home and sleep/wake button until the phone restarts)

OP
dekan
Reaction score
Ah well, doesn't that make me feel stupid now. Not sure why I didn't think about a reboot (maybe because the phone rebooted after the update).

That fixed it. Keyboard now retracts when switching from search screen to home screen. Thanks a bunch!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.