Previous documents open when I launch Microsoft Office

Reaction score
I'm running Microsoft Office 2011 on an iMac. When I launch any MS Office program, the program automatically opens the last document I worked on in that program, from the previous day, week, whatever. It happens if I double click a document on the server to launch the program, or if I open an email attachment, using the program for the first time that session. It's inconvenient and can be awkward if someone is looking over my shoulder to view the document I'm opening.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It would help us if you told us which version of OS X you're running? Assuming Lion, do this:

System Preferences, General. Remove the check from the box that states "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps". Also, when you quit Office 2011, make sure you close all documents and templates.

OP
R
Reaction score
Great - thanks

Yes, I'm running Lion. I did as you suggested and it looks good - thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.