No mac os x on macbook only windows

Reaction score
Hi. Here is a situation. I got a macbook pro. it has only windows which took 50 gb off 150 gb. Mac os x wasnt there to begin with. so i tried to install it with the install cd by holding C button. i got to the menu and followed the steps but after 100% of installation it gave me mistake and now i cant reach windows and cant retry installation of mac os cuz it saysyou cannot install mac os x on this volume. to enble installation on this volume open Disk Utility and rrepartition this disk as "GUID Partion table" and i have no idea how to do it i just simply cant find the way. so the bottom line is how to get rid of windows get backk all 150 gb and install Mac os back. thanks a lot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Helps if you tell us what OS X you are trying to install and the model MBP. If it is a reasonable new machine, July 2011 onwards, the only operating system it may install is Lion. Earlier models will install Snow Leopard and maybe Leopard.

Then you need a retail install DVD of the operating system and not discs from another machine. You boot from the disc holding down 'C', going into Disk Utility formatting the drive, into Partition and under Options selecting GUID scheme. This of course wipes Windows from the machine and you need to use Bootcamp in Utilities and an unactivated Windows disc to do the install.

When you purchased the MBP the install discs should have come with it, alas some sellers grab an extra buck selling on eBay and such. Also it had Windows on it, you should have received the Windows disc otherwise it is there illegally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.