iCloud and address book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
After spending what seemed like hours, I finally got my desktop address book and that via iCloud to be in unison. One of the things I did was to export to and import from a gmail account. I exported in vCards format. Although the export is a single file, when I imported it into gmail, it showed up as 2 separate address books, with 98% going to 1 book and the remainder to another. The smaller book also happened to be the part that kept being affected when iCloud was turned on and off. Anyway to combine into a single vCard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
you can move contacts between groups withing gmails web interface then re-export.

I have a similar clear-out but when down the route of keeping all my contacts in gmail and just have linked contacts in iCloud because some fields available in iCloud contacts are available in exchange (which I use for gmail syncing) - not that you needed to know all that just go the urge to share ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
mrplow,
After playing around with the gmail contacts, I think I figured out how to merge those I wanted to--at least they seemed to merge. I basically use that gmail account to keep my addresses and calendars in a second web site for backup purposes. Thanks for your input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.