Time Capsule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 macbook pro 15" & 27" 2012 IMac
Well i was going to order one of these little beauts this morning but having going onto apples website there are some really bad reviews of it!
Apparently a lot of them seem to be packing up after 18 months??? Anybody else verify or dismiss this for me as i don't want to spend £200+ on something that won't last.
Would i be better off getting a different brand with same specs and a airport extreme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
The original version died on me after 18 months - and there are quite a few of them that did. Check the dates of the bad reviews. I bought the 3rd generation to replace it and it has been running fine since 2009. It was bad power supplies - so the disk was salvaged and I now have a 1TB USB drive connected to my 2TB Time Capsule.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 macbook pro 15" & 27" 2012 IMac
Hi, can a forum admin please move this to the right catagory as i have only just noticed i posted in the wrong section.

Just checked the dates and it's all 2012 (majority of what i read anyway).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.