Mac Mini Rom Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 09 mac mini, core 2 duo 2.53, 4 gigs 1330 DDR3, 320 Gig HD, Samsung external DVD Burner
Every time I start my mac mini it looks for bootable disk in the dvd drive is there anyway to stop this, and should it even be doing this, it's pretty noisy:Shouting:

C

chas_m

This might work:

System Preferences -> Startup Disk

If there is more than one volume there, click on the actual boot volume.

EDIT: I don't know that this will solve the problem actually: the Mac goes through a quick self-checkup whenever its turned back on and checking that the optical drive is present and functioning appears to be part of that. My alternative solution is: don't shut down your Mac so much -- just let it sleep instead. I only shut down my Mac about every three to six months, and that's only because of a system update or some such thing that requires a restart.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 09 mac mini, core 2 duo 2.53, 4 gigs 1330 DDR3, 320 Gig HD, Samsung external DVD Burner
This started when I installed boot camp on it didn't do it before. Is there a way that you can do a low level format on HD. I already went to sys pref and tried that didn't work but thanks for the input.
OK I'm breaking out O/S cd and reinstalling see if that works, will let you all know how it works,

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK OK OK I got her done and I fixed the mac too (lol lol lol) it seems the problem was in boot camp. I don't know maybe I installed it wrong whatever, did a low level which is included in the utilities program as your loading the O/S let it rip her 3 times and then did a reinstall. Now my mac mini runs better then before, and no more crunching of the drive on start up.
I wanna thank you all for the quick support.
NICE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.