Current Mac Pro vs. iMac

Reaction score
Of course go figure...Windows computers still have a VGA port...which has been around since the 1980's!

It's funny, though... that is actually one of the things that has drawn me over to Apple. Because they don't intentionally try to make new products fully backward compatible with products from many years ago, they end up much more efficient, less buggy, and much more exciting. I like living on the bleeding edge, so this is much better than having a computer that will run software from 10 years ago or supports the same interfaces and hardware.

Reaction score
Of course go figure...Windows computers still have a VGA port...which has been around since the 1980's!

For many years I avoided looking at Macs because I wanted a PC that was easily upgradeable. What a dumb idea. Many years and many PC's later, I think I actually upgraded one of them. I usually ended up just buying a new one. Either Intel would change the cpu socket, or you couldn't use the new style RAM in your mobo, or slots changed, or the video cards changed. It's pretty much hopeless to plan to just upgrade a pc after 2 or 3 years. In most cases, it was cheaper to just buy a new one, anyways. I wish I'd come to this conclusion several years ago and just picked up a Mac then. :Grimmace:

Now I'm all worked up because I really want an iMac, but there is too much chance of Apple announcing a new one in the not too distant future. I don't NEED to have one right this minute, but I WANT it! Patience isn't my strong point. The agony...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.