Which Mac pro desktop is good for professional music production?

Reaction score
Hello

First post, so be gentle! Used Mac ages ago. Son needs a Mac for music production / composition and recording. Will need it 4 years down the road as well. Please fire your advice!;D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello

First post, so be gentle! Used Mac ages ago. Son needs a Mac for music production / composition and recording. Will need it 4 years down the road as well. Please fire your advice!;D

Any of them will get the job done...Mac Pro's are Apples top-end computers. If they cannot get it done...then nothing Apple sells will.

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
Please recommend some dealers

Thank you for the reply, Nick. I haven't used Mac for nearly 18 years. Where can one buy the latest models near Romford, Essex please?

Are there any established online dealers as well? Do one neeed a 8-core for music composition and recording? Or is it just a waste of money? Can one contact the desktop to a Dell screen please? Can a laptop do the same job please, bearing in mind you get less than what you pay for for laptop?;D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for the reply, Nick. I haven't used Mac for nearly 18 years. Where can one buy the latest models near Romford, Essex please?

I'm in the United States...but have you heard of the Apple Store...or Apple.com?

If you don't have a physical Apple Store near you...I'm sure you can order a Mac Pro from (Official Apple Online Store UK )...and it will be delivered to you.

HTH,:)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are there any established online dealers as well? Do one neeed a 8-core for music composition and recording? Or is it just a waste of money? Can one contact the desktop to a Dell screen please? Can a laptop do the same job please, bearing in mind you get less than what you pay for for laptop?;D

Regarding this set of questions. I seriously doubt that a Mac Pro desktop is needed. I'm sure an iMac or MacBook Pro would be fine (both of which are very powerful as well).

Please visit the link I provided above...and check out the various computer models.

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
It's spooky! I am actually Chinese. I do know there is one Apple store at Lakeside. I just wonder if there is any nearer. I wish I could get one US price as Apple sells its ware at a much better rate than here. We are taken for a ride.

Thanks all!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.