imovie import format help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.35 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3
howdy, and good morning, i was wondering if someone could help me out. I've been using iLife for years but i can't figure out for the life of me why it's not importing video... it imported 1 out of 7 files, all the same extension, same audio and video format, (mp4, H.264,AAC) but it just won't import it. i'm being pressed for time, because i took on this project figuring it would take an hour or two, but i'm going on 5 hours and haven't gotten anywhere. i'm using iLife 09, on OS X 10.7.3 on a MBP... please help me with this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
iMovie can have problems with some mp4 files. I would suggest opening your mp4s with MPEGStreamclip and then Export to Quicktime, using the Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC). This is what iMovie is trying to convert your files to anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.