Word for Mac shortcut key

B

Bixntram

Hi, a quick question: In the file-save dialog box in Word for Mac (2004 version), is there a shortcut key for the 'don't save' button? Command + . cancels, but it there a way to hit 'don't save' with the keyboard? It's frustrating to have to reach for the mouse whenever I want to close a document without saving.

Thanks, Bix

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Esc also cancels btw.
As for 'don't save': If you have 'full keyboard access' enabled, you should see a blueish glow trim around the 'don't save' field. (To turn on full keyboard access go to: 'system prefs>keyboard & mouse> keyboard shortcuts).

Just hit space to select the don't save button or enter/return to select the save button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
try command +d. it usually works for me on every other program, i havent tried it on office for mac.

OP
B

Bixntram

Word shortcut

fearlessfreap24 said:
try command +d. it usually works for me on every other program, i havent tried it on office for mac.
Aptmunich and Fearless, Thanks for your responses. Fearless, command +D worked like a charm! Thanks! I have several Mac/Office reference books and not one of them listed this as a shortcut (surprise, surprise).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Traditionally, Command + (First letter of button) triggers that button in dialogs in Mac applications. Lately, though, it's becoming less common.

OP
B

Bixntram

technologist said:
Traditionally, Command + (First letter of button) triggers that button in dialogs in Mac applications. Lately, though, it's becoming less common.

That's another helpful tidbit; thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.