FCP X - Export issue

JGP

Reaction score
I'm working on a project where I have multiple short clips to export. I am using the "export using compressor settings" tool as it is a custom output for the client.

I am finding that after about 6 or 7 exports from the same project working without a problem, something strange happens.

Instead of exporting the clip that is in the timeline (there is only ever one clip in the timeline at once) I am finding that the resulting file from the export is a completely different clip to the one I have edited. It is always a clip I have used earlier instead, perhaps 4 or 5 exports ago.

I have also noticed that during the normal export process the time it takes to complete is around 30 seconds (only a 10 sec clip at low resolution) but when this anomaly occurs it exports instantly, this is usually how I notice that is has done it wrong.

I have tried deleting all the render files from the project and the event but this seems to make no difference. Restarting FCP X and even restarting the machine does sometimes help but not every time.

The only way I have rectified this is to create a new project for every clip, which for this particular piece of work isn't to bad but I can imagine it would be extremely inefficient for larger/longer projects.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or can anyone think of something I'm missing. I've got 2 other guys in the studio baffled by this.

Cheers

OP
J

JGP

Reaction score
After almost a full day battling with this I have found a fix. It seems that if I simply drag the sequence out to be 1 frame longer and re-export it all my problems vanish. Let's just hope it's permanent!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.