• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

any lefties here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig
how many of you are left handed?
i'll start with myself, except my eating hand (being an asian) and my toothbrushing hand (the maid who taught me used her right hand) i'm predominantly left handed, writing, tennis, mouse- you name it.
the discussion is, only 10% of the entire population is left-handed, and i do find myself in sometimes inconvenient situations being a leftie. albeit trivial and menial issues, you wouldn't encounter them if you were a rightie.
take high school chairs with those folding tables for instance, i find myself really agitated coz i can't put my left elbow on something while writing.
then there's those books with the rings bindings, i have a bad handwriting, those things get in the way, its not getting any better :heh:
of course, there's also the mac keyboard, the ctrl, alt and cmd keys are located on the left side. i use the trackpad with my ibook, and i find myself struggling sometimes in photoshop shuffling my hands.
once again, maybe some of the little stuff..but its really inconvenient

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Buy a full sized keyboard: command, ctrl & option/alt are evenly distributed on both sidesof the spacebar on them...

Then get a nice leftie mouse to go with it and your problems are solved :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm left handed. But I'll say that while many of the things listed annoy me, especially those darn ring binders, I have no issues with keyboards and mice. It just comes to getting used to it, that's really the only option.

Even at home if you get a left-handed mouse for example, you'll totally be thrown off when you try to use a regular mouse somewhere else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I'm ambidextrous but I mainly use my right hand for things (mouse, iPod, writing unless I start to cramp, ect)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
righty here.
but those who are lefty, does it means that it would have been easier if you could read from right to left if it was possible?
just wondering.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I'm sort of ambidextrous also but for the mouse and playing guitar I use my right so I choose Right as my vote. When doing most other things though I use either hand. Some people who have watched me think I am a lefty as I use my left a lot. I can write with both hands but it's a bit faster with the right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
chouk said:
righty here.
but those who are lefty, does it means that it would have been easier if you could read from right to left if it was possible?
just wondering.
No it wouldn't be easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I'm left handed, but I've adapted many things right-handed, usually do to necessity: guitar, mouse, etc. Writing in right-handed binders I've learned to live with - i adjust my hand to keep from smearing pencil ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
sirune said:
how many of you are left handed?
i'll start with myself, except my eating hand (being an asian) and my toothbrushing hand (the maid who taught me used her right hand) i'm predominantly left handed, writing, tennis, mouse- you name it.
the discussion is, only 10% of the entire population is left-handed, and i do find myself in sometimes inconvenient situations being a leftie. albeit trivial and menial issues, you wouldn't encounter them if you were a rightie.
take high school chairs with those folding tables for instance, i find myself really agitated coz i can't put my left elbow on something while writing.
then there's those books with the rings bindings, i have a bad handwriting, those things get in the way, its not getting any better :heh:
of course, there's also the mac keyboard, the ctrl, alt and cmd keys are located on the left side. i use the trackpad with my ibook, and i find myself struggling sometimes in photoshop shuffling my hands.
once again, maybe some of the little stuff..but its really inconvenient

I hated the folding desks in college - I tried to sit on the ends of the rows to get the left-handed chairs. Little bit of trivia for all who care: When I took figure drawing, one assumed that talent/skill in drawing came from how well one control the pencil with the writing hand, but it really depends the way a person perceives the subject. Example: one exercise was blind contour drawing: your utensil was to be kept on the page and you're unable to see what you're drawing, just watch your subject. Everyone realized that despite which hand you were using to draw with, the result was basically the same. One hand was just more accustomed to having a pencil in it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.