Strange headers for the "Downloads" folder

Reaction score
When I use the finder to navigate to my "Downloads" directory the column header looks different than any other directory. Additionally, I can not double click or click on a column heading like "Date Modified" or the such to alter the sorting. I am not sure what I need to do to fix this issue and make this folder look and work the same as all of the others. Can somebody point me to a good way forward with this? Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at 8.36.51 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Click the boxes straight above the "RK" in the filename. That is how you change the view. It is in list mode now..

OP
J
Reaction score
I guess I should have posted a picture of a different folder for completeness. You will notice that the font is different and I can not double click on the column headings for sorting like I can in the "Test Folder". Something is different. I know about the different views, but the "Downloads" folder is acting differently than the other folders in the list view.

Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at 8.54.29 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Click on the button to the right of the 4 buttons and choose "None"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.