• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Car Question

I

icemanjc

What story I am writting never happened

One day a man sees this car for sale in this newpaper he goes to the woman one owns it, she about in her 60s, she said "my hausband died working on this car and I think his spirit still romes around in it". He think nothing of it so he call for a towtruck. On his way back in the towtruck, he sees that the drivers side lights are on in the car, so he goes to the side of the roade to stop and see what it is. But after he stopped to go to the car the light were off, so he lifted up the hood to disconnect the battery and it already was disconnected, So he was bewildered, still trying not to beleive that old woman. Then he gets back in to the towtruck. he's on his way again then once again he sees the ligh is back on again. he stops and once agin the lights go out. ge walks over to the drivers side looks into the window and sees the car is in drive. so he switches it over to neutral. and he got back in the truck and the light didnt goe back on once he started driving.

How would the lights still be working, but go off when he switched it out of drive.

whoever gets the answeer will gain my respect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
The lights were switched on inside the car and when it was being pulled (in drive) the alternator was being spun. The spinning of the alternator powered the lights. When he switched it out of drive the alternator didn't get spun any more so no more power to the lights.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
Benjamindaines said:
The lights were switched on inside the car and when it was being pulled (in drive) the alternator was being spun. The spinning of the alternator powered the lights. When he switched it out of drive the alternator didn't get spun any more so no more power to the lights.

I agree, and I bet the transmission, torque converter, and flywheel were *****. I once saw a motorhome pulling a geo metro, the old couple had left it in drive, and when they finally stopped, the transmission was fried, and the flywheel was all stripped.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.