Please help, problem with my iBook

Reaction score
Hi...

Actually, I'm not sure if this is a problem with my iBook or the software, so I'll ask it here. When my iBook boots, for some reason it goes directly into the terminal program, where I have to enter the name "macuser" to get it to continue, and then it just keeps going, and there are no icons or anything. I don't have the original software for it, but I do have another iBook that died because of the logic board going bad. But I can't find the software for that, and that was Panther not Tiger, which I prefer. Any suggestions? I've been searching desperately for the discs and I can't find them, and I think the only hope I have is to purchase replacement discs, which at this time I really can't afford. I want to get my baby back working, badly....can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Anita

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks, but...

Hugh,

thank you but it didn't work. :( I was so hoping it would solve the problem. I guess the only choice I have is to purchase the software since I can't seem to find it and reinstall. I wish I could get my external drive to work correctly, but maybe I can. I'm going to try it later. Thanks for the idea---at least I have a clue as to what to do now!

a.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.