Removing items of the dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 macbook pro 15" & 27" 2012 IMac
Hi guys, this is really annoying me now and i need help !
The mrs was playing on the laptop earlier and she has added activity monitor and console to the dock and i try to get rid of them but can't move them anywhere?
Also she has managed to move launchpad somewhere and i can't find it on the home screen anymore .
Anybody help lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
If you don't want an icon in the dock, drag it up into the ether and let it go. :)
If you want to add Launchpad to your dock, go into Finder and click on Applications. Just click on it and drag it onto your dock. You can change its position by dragging it side-to-side.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i've tried dragging them but they just keep going back to the same position?

C

chas_m

That's because they are still open. Quit the applications and then you can remove their icons from the dock.

Take my advice and give "the mrs" her own account unless you enjoy this sort of frustration ...

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's because they are still open. Quit the applications and then you can remove their icons from the dock.

Take my advice and give "the mrs" her own account unless you enjoy this sort of frustration ...

ahhhh i see said the blind man ! All sorted now thanks !!

Sounds like good advice as i dont want her messing things up when i've just spent £2500 on two computers :(

Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.