2005 Mac Mini G4 Running Lepoard

Reaction score
As for many years i have been using windows and decided to buy myself a cheap and basic mac to make sure i enjoy using it before buying a better spec and more up to date model but i am having some troubles and hope some one here can help me out.

I cannot get it full screen on my 22" Samsung TV. I have two black bars at each side and the display settings on this are not helping so i was wandering if there is any software i can download and install to help adjust this. I had this plugged in to a 19" and a 40" and outputted to them fine.

Also could someone please tell me how to put the safari window full screen please:)

Thanks

Kyle

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I cannot get it full screen on my 22" Samsung TV. I have two black bars at each side and the display settings on this are not helping so i was wandering if there is any software i can download and install to help adjust this. I had this plugged in to a 19" and a 40" and outputted to them fine.

Have you gone to:

- Apple drop down menu
- System Preferences
- Displays
- then adjust the resolution setting

You need to know the resolution of your 22" Samsung TV to get the best appearance (Native Resolution).

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
Have you gone to:

- Apple drop down menu
- System Preferences
- Displays
- then adjust the resolution setting

You need to know the resolution of your 22" Samsung TV to get the best appearance (Native Resolution).

- Nick

tried that but i cannot seem to get it to stretch. My TV keeps popping up after saying no signal 1360 x 768 but that does not seem to be listed. When i had the DVI - HDMI cable going from the mac to my hdmi switcher it seemed to work fine as in the display was correct but the switcher and the mac didnt like each other so it kept losing the display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
tried that but i cannot seem to get it to stretch. My TV keeps popping up after saying no signal 1360 x 768 but that does not seem to be listed. When i had the DVI - HDMI cable going from the mac to my hdmi switcher it seemed to work fine as in the display was correct but the switcher and the mac didnt like each other so it kept losing the display

Is your TV 720p? I am not in front of my Mac right now, but I am sure 720p is listed as a resolution rather than the actual dimensions.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Are you 100% positive that your 22" Samsung TV/display is 1360x768?

I happen to have a dual-display setup with my Mac Pro (running OS 10.6). One of the display's is a 22" Acer monitor...and although it's native resolution is 1680 x 1050...in the list of resolutions in the "Displays" preference app...I also have 1360 x 768 (but I wouldn't use that since it would look terrible).

What is your 22" Samsung's model number?

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.