iMac being woken up remotely.

Reaction score
Hi,
My iMac has taken to waking up spontaneously, which is annoying, especially in the night.
On checking the console immediately afterwards, I find this message:

13/03/2012 09:55:59 com.parallels.vm.prl_pcproxy[231] QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: open: No such file or directory

I used to have parallels installed on this machine, but have completely uninstalled it.

I interpret this as parallels HQ computers trying to contact my machine and causing it to start up.
Any ideas on how to stop this?
Thanks.
C.

Reaction score
Can you see if "System Preferences" -> "Energy Saver" the option "Wake for Network Access" is checked and uncheck if it is?

C

chas_m

From that log, I would say that it's pretty obvious that you have not, in fact, fully uninstalled Parallels.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for that.
searched my hard drive and found in ‘library’ two items in ‘launch agents’ and one in ‘launch daemons’ referring to parallels. So I’ve deleted those, and I’ll report back on what happens.
The odd thing is, I uninstalled parallels months ago, but this has only been happening over the past few days.
Weird.
C

OP
C
Reaction score
That didn’t do it.
This is the console from the last wake up:
14/03/2012 10:12:51 kernel The USB device Bluetooth USB Host Controller (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a100000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)

So what’s that?
C:Angry:

OP
C
Reaction score
Right,
I think I’ve solved it this time.
I disconnected the bluetooth connection to the wireless keyboard and the trackpad, then re-connected them.
So far, no wake-ups.
I’ll post again if it comes back.
Thanks for the help.
C.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.