External keyboard won't connect (macbook pro)

Reaction score
Hello, I hope this is the right place for this question.

I'm in Korea and just bought a COSY wireless keyboard for my Macbook pro (10.6.8). The box says it's Mac compatible. The mouse works fine but I can't get the computer to recognize the keyboard. When I plug it in a window pops up asking me to press the button on the keyboard immediately right of the left shift key (Z). I do this but it never recognizes the keyboard.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. This is the second keyboard I bought thinking the first wasn't compatible but both have the same problem. Thanks for reading!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry, but I can't find any information regarding the COSY wireless keyboard. Do you have a Link that I can go to?

You say you purchased it in Korea? Is it locally Korean made or did you order it from elsewhere?

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, it's made in Korea. The websites all in Korean so not much help there (www.cosy.co.kr). I'm having the same problem with a logitech MK260 keyboard if that's any help. I thought logitechs weren't compatible but the guy hooked it up at the store with an imac and it worked fine, I came straight home and put it on my macbook and nothing.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nice looking keyboard. I tried translating the page but even when it was partially in English, it didn't really say much about the keyboard.

Since you also had a problem with the Logitech, that may indicate your BT radio is not working. Can you open your System Profiler application and see what it says about Blue Tooth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
When this sort of thing happens to my grand-daughter, the first thing I always ask is, "Did you put batteries in the keyboard?". Second thing I ask her is, "Is your Bluetooth set up to find a keyboard?" The last question I ask is, "Did you remember to switch the keyboard "ON"?"
Since we are speaking on the phone and they are about 260 miles away, after those 3 are exhausted, it's down to her dad, lol
Good luck,
Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.