Drobo support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" iMac 2.5GHz Core i5
Hi,
I'm looking into additional storage for my iMac and really like the look of the Drobo.
I've been looking on eBay for one as I'm just testing the water and I've found a 1st gen 4 bay drobo but I have recently upgraded to OS X Lion and am wondering if Drobo's that old are supported?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Hi,
I'm looking into additional storage for my iMac and really like the look of the Drobo.
I've been looking on eBay for one as I'm just testing the water and I've found a 1st gen 4 bay drobo but I have recently upgraded to OS X Lion and am wondering if Drobo's that old are supported?

Lion will support the Drobo just fine. If I were you I would look for a later generation Drobo. The first generation Drobo only has USB and the 2nd generation adds firewire which is well worth it IMO. The Drobo's are not super fast to begin with, and being stuck to USB would be a killer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.