Calendar to keep open on desktop

Reaction score
Hi there

My partner's inherited my old iPhone 4, as I upgraded to a 4s.

She's previously been an HTC fan-girl and she likes having today's appointments on top when she wakes the phone up (apparently pushing the iCal button is inconvenient_....

My question is can iCal be made to do that?

If not, is anyone aware of an app that'll do it?

Thanks

Wired

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi there

My partner's inherited my old iPhone 4, as I upgraded to a 4s.

She's previously been an HTC fan-girl and she likes having today's appointments on top when she wakes the phone up (apparently pushing the iCal button is inconvenient_....

My question is can iCal be made to do that?

If not, is anyone aware of an app that'll do it?

Thanks

Wired

When you say desktop do you mean the home screen? If your old iPhone 4 has got the iOS5 upgrade then Message Centre does just that.

OP
W
Reaction score
When you say desktop do you mean the home screen? If your old iPhone 4 has got the iOS5 upgrade then Message Centre does just that.

Sorry - yeah I meant homescreen.... by the time I realized I'd misnamed it, it was too late to edit it

Can't recall which iOS it's got, but will try the message centre option

Thanks

Wired

OP
W
Reaction score
OK - I've done that, but the pull down screen for the notifications doesn't appear to be able to be set as the default home screen - any further suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
OK - I've done that, but the pull down screen for the notifications doesn't appear to be able to be set as the default home screen - any further suggestions?

Sorry pal but ...meh...I've signed off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.