Deleting an app

Reaction score
I have an iPad and a MacBook Pro. Some time ago I was checking out Fireplace 3D lite I no longer have it on my iPad and now I see there is an update for it, but the update is wanting to install on my MacBook. I do not want the program and would like to know if I can delete it from the applications menu in Finder. Is there a special way I should delete it to get it off my MacBook?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It all depends on how you installed it. If you just dragged it to the Applications folder or installed it from the App Store, you can simply drag it to the Trash. If it was installed using an installer, use the included installer. If it didn't include one, check the developers website.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you for an answer. I believe the way it got there was from syncing my iPad. I only played with the program a few times on the iPad and when I synced it naturally it went on my computer. At least I believe that is how it got there and since that happened would it automatically go in FINDER?.....So it is OK for me to just drag it to the trash? So far I have not downloaded anything on this computer in an attempt to keep it in good running shape. I am also so new to this that I am still exploring the programs that came on it. I am enjoying this more than a windows PC . There are so many things already on here I do not need to download much else. Thank you again for the reply.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
iPad apps don't get installed on your Mac - iOS and OS X are mutually exclusive in that respect. I was under the impression that you were using the Mac complement to the application.

Are you talking about a Mac app or an iPad app? If it's a Mac app, follow my previous set of instructions. If it's an iOS app, you can either delete the app right on the iPad or through iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.