IOS 5 upgrade

Reaction score
I have an IPad 2 and wanted to upgrade to IOS 5. I made an appointment at the nearest Apple store and when I arrived, was told that they couldn't upgrade it. They told me to hook up my IPad to either my PC or MAC, go through ITunes, backup everything, and then install IOS 5. Well, I listened to Steve Jobs when he held up the IPAD and said, "this is all you'll need!" Well, since I only have an IPAD, it seems as if I need more. Can't understand why the IOS 5 upgrade can't be done at an Apple authorized Store?:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Because it isn't the job of the Apple Store to take care of all of your media and apps when you update it. If you have an iPad 2 that is currently running iOS 4, then apparently, at some point, you plugged it into your computer.

New iPads that have iOS 5 do not need a computer to update, but if you are still on 4, then you do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
If your iPad is 5.0.1 and you want to upgrade to 5.1, you can do it wirelessly. Open Settings on your iPad, click on "General" and then "Software Update".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I just loaded the upgrade via Wi-Fi. It took about 5 minutes. So go find a free Wi-Fi hot spot like McDonalds and download the upgrade.

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.