US iPad2 in Spain, power converter question

Reaction score
Got to Spain with iPad2, and the power converter I brought along isn't working. Went to a store today, salesperson insisted this "adapter" would work, because it is listed as rated "100-240V". It is a Belkin Universal USB Wall Charger. I still insist I need a power converter, because 240V are going to come out of the wall into my iPad, not 120. Will this work, or fry my iPad?
Other than this, I've found nothing else to help, and I'm running out of power. Advice? Please?
Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If its a 110 to 240 V charger then it's what's called switchable, which is common nowadays. It basically detects the input voltage and adjusts accordingly

Even the power power supply on my 2001 G4 mac is switchable, so it was OK when I bought it from the States and plugged it in to the UK power

OP
K
Reaction score
US iPad2 In Spain

Thanks for your reply!
How do I know if it's "switchable"?
Thanks a bunch!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your iPad works on 110 - 240V 50 or 60 Hz AC. Make sure you're using the correct adapter to match the US plug to the Spanish wall outlet. The Belkin charger likewise should work OK.

Reaction score
You dont need to worry whether it's 110v or 240v going into your ipad...no matter the outlet or voltage, the same level goes into the ipad. The converter can essentially adapt to both voltage levels and the only difference you may notice is the DC converter may become a little bit warmer. If you have the apply branded ipad charger, all you need is an adapter and you can plug that baby right in!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.