And this is for Razormac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Now that you've inspired me with your latest photo offerings Razormac, here's one for you. Took this on my recent trip to California. This was near Big Sur. We were driving back to Carmel, when the sun was setting, and I had to pull over for this. Incidentally, since I had only taken the iPad with me, I chose to do an experiment and shoot only in jpg. So to me, that meant having to try to nail exposure.

To be honest, shooting RAW makes one a bit lazy in that regard. But I love a challenge, and this was no different since I usually do shoot RAW. Anyway, very minimal processing. I cropped to taste, and messed with selective saturation channels a bit. Had a tripod, so thankfully didn't have to apply noise reduction.

Hunters-Point-Scene-XL.jpg

My favorite thing about this photo is that I met a really nice guy by the name of Greg, whom was already standing nearby getting great shots well before the sun was already so low. We exchanged photo forum info and managed to hook up and show each other our results.
Not sure if EXIF data will show up but.. it was well darker than it looks here. D300 was still on the tripod, and Greg was really good at remaining pretty still! Shot at 0.7 seconds!
Greg:

Hunters-Point-Scene-M.jpg

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Very nice pictures Doug!
Especially love the last one

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Are they having somekind of photo duel? :p I agree nice colors in the sky.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
VERY nice Doug!

You were not all that far from where I live. :D As a kid I lived in that basic area around the Monterey, Pacific Grove area.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Beautiful pics and beautiful country! :)

Thanks for sharing . . . I really love lowlight landscape shots.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
VERY nice Doug!

You were not all that far from where I live. :D As a kid I lived in that basic area around the Monterey, Pacific Grove area.

Awe shoot (no pun intended).. maybe next time I'm in the area I'll let you know so we can grab a *insert choice of beverage here*

I really loved it there, and the wife and I are actually moving sometime in the future. The pace is fantastic, as is the much cleaner air amongst other things. The cows on the mountain sides look so happy! lol

Doug

Reaction score
Great shots, Doug!
HWY 1 is a world class stretch of road to photograph.
That soft light in the 2nd image is divine! You could almost cut a great shot out of the left side. If I was Greg, I would ask you to also give me a version cropped to the lower left 25% of the frame!
Very nice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.