atv2 no signal !!

Reaction score
my atv2 was working fine until I change something in the settings recently. I think i change the lowtide setting and after that my atv2 won"t come on .I have tried resetting it by pressing menu and down buttons on remote but no luck ,I still get no signal on tv.

I really don't want to restore it cause i will lose my jailbreak.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello,
A couple of questions. What's a 'lowtide setting" and does anything appear on the screen at all or is it just black?
Have you powered it down and disconnected all the cables and reconnected?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Why not just restore the custom firmware created during your jailbreak?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Depends what you used to jailbreak.

If you used the Pwnage Tool or Seas0nPass it will have created a custom IPSW firmware file that you use to restore the AppleTV in iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello,
A couple of questions. What's a 'lowtide setting" and does anything appear on the screen at all or is it just black?
Have you powered it down and disconnected all the cables and reconnected?

LowTide is the UI and media playback software that AppleTV uses. It's derived from, what was, Front Row.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LowTide is the UI and media playback software that AppleTV uses. It's derived from, what was, Front Row.

I see. So what settings did the OP change?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see. So what settings did the OP change?

No idea, once JailBroken NitoTV has many tweaks and mods that can be made to LowTide. I've never known any to stop video output but then I steer away from most of these kind of changes.

jalo215:
if you now what you changed you may be able to SSH into your AppleTV and remove the offending change.
But re-restoring a custom firmware would be more straightforward

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No idea, once JailBroken NitoTV has many tweaks and mods that can be made to LowTide. I've never known any to stop video output but then I steer away from most of these kind of changes.

That's what I thought and why I asked the OP what was showing on the screen and suggested disconnecting everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.