Screen size changing

Reaction score
Downloaded Lion OK but now the screen size changes for no apparent reason sometimes when I am on the web.
Any ideas what I am doing?

Dave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Please define "sometimes". Like, at random when you are not touching the keyboard or mouse? Or, after you select a different web page? When??

C

chas_m

I know exactly what he means. It happened to me.

He means sometimes "for no apparent reason" the screen will magnify (more accurately, zooming in to wherever the mouse was/is).

What's actually happening is that his left-mouse finger is tapping. Twice. NOT clicking, just tapping.

Tapping twice again will set the screen back to normal. Took me ages to figure out what was going on there.

It can be disabled in Mouse system settings, but once you know what it is you may not want to do that, as it's quite handy (I just did it to write this message since it's so nice and easy on the eyes). Once I knew what caused it, I opted to keep it and learned not to let my idle finger wander ... :)

Reaction score
Answer

Many thanks chas_m

I also had that problem and it was driving me bonkers, because the mouse isn't where it appears to be any longer!

Most grateful.

I know exactly what he means. It happened to me.

He means sometimes "for no apparent reason" the screen will magnify (more accurately, zooming in to wherever the mouse was/is).

What's actually happening is that his left-mouse finger is tapping. Twice. NOT clicking, just tapping.

Tapping twice again will set the screen back to normal. Took me ages to figure out what was going on there.

It can be disabled in Mouse system settings, but once you know what it is you may not want to do that, as it's quite handy (I just did it to write this message since it's so nice and easy on the eyes). Once I knew what caused it, I opted to keep it and learned not to let my idle finger wander ... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
It's similar to the double-tap zoom in on the iPhone screen when your are viewing web pages.

Reaction score
Yes Thanks pendlewitch.

I just checked it out on my iPhone, so thankfully - irritating problem solved!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.