Help? 14 yr old here :/

Reaction score
Hi mac-forums :)

Well as you can see, I'm just 14 years old and my father brought a macbook one year ago for my birthday, and I'm still using the same ol' laptop. So all of a sudden, I wake up in the morning turn on the laptop and find out that its really going slowly during login and whenever i did try and go login to my account, Finder doesnt start and it just shows the desktop pic. I tried going through the basic troubleshooting thread and the problem still persists. I tried going through the trouble of searching the forums leading to nothing. I resetted the PRAM, did File System Check and all the other things.

My father wont even help me (my mom doesnt knoe about all these troubleshooting things) because he said something like "its your computer, you fix it. Not my problem." yeah, i even begged him.

I think its an application that i misplaced, because i really have a LOT of files, i dont want to delete all of them. Oh gosh please no. I do hear about Time Machine but i dont have nother disk To transfer my files. Although on safe-boot, it goes really normal pace and isnt slow, I even stayed on safe-boot for a while and browsed internet there because i dont know how to do anything. Till i got tired of not listening to music. So yeah, help please?

Sorry if its unnecessarily long.

-Lierrah

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
how much free space have you got on the drive? Have you tried repairing disk permissions in disk utility?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
Create a new user account whilst in safe mode and then log into that, see if the problem remains. If not, just transfer your files over from the other account.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is a great suggestion. Try a new user account and if it's fast and loads all the way, let us know and we will try and help more.

OP
A
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, it works when I make a new account but now, the new problem that startup now, is really slow. Annoying how another problem just pops out when you've just finished one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.