install canon MP610 network printer

Reaction score
I've a macbook air with OSX10.7.3. Trying to get it to print on my networked Canon MP610. I've downloaded and installed the drivers. When I go to the add printer screen I can see the printer and its location is right but there is nothing available in the "Print using" dialogue box. I can navigate to the printers/canon/PDE folder but selecting one of these doesn't seem to work either.
Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread with this post - just point me to the right spot (newbie)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I moved the thread for you.

OP
W
Reaction score
Can now see printer

Thanks

I can now see the printer and send jobs to the queue - however nothing will print. I can see and interact with the print queue and status shows as "printing" but I also see "unable to get printer status" and nothing happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Thanks

I can now see the printer and send jobs to the queue - however nothing will print. I can see and interact with the print queue and status shows as "printing" but I also see "unable to get printer status" and nothing happens.

If it can't get the printer status then try rebooting the printer and/or rejoining the network by it's console using the password.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks have tried both without success (BTW my windows machines have no issues)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.