Synching Microsoft for Mac Outlook Calendar

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro, ipad2 and iphone 4 and have been trying to no avail to synch my Outlook calendar with my ipad and iphone. I am using a Snow Leopard operating system and Microsoft Office for Mac 2011. I have worked with Apple Care and Microsoft Support for Apple and it is my understanding that since Apple eliminated Mobile Me there is no way to accomplish this task. Do I have to replace MacBook Pro with a pc to accomplish this. I hate to abandon my MacBook Pro. I'm told that if I had a windows operating system and Microsoft Office then I would be able to accomplish this. It makes little sense that I'd be better integrated if I was using the Microsoft Office for Windows. I have heard horror stories about people who have tried to work around it and lost all of their data. Since I depend on my calendar for business, that's: risky. :Grimmace:

Is there a dependable fix for this? A workaround? Are there plans by either Apple or Microsoft to solve this issue?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I'm not sure if there is a fix yet - and yes - this capability went away once the death knell sounded for MobileMe. I would expect to see some level of integration with iCloud eventually. You could always use iCal or Google Calendars in the mean time..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.