Bootcamp upgrade to 3.1 so can install Win 7

Reaction score
I upgraded to Snow Leopard, and in my Utilities, I show BootCamp 3.0. But when I upgrade to 3.1, I get an error message saying I need to upgrade to 3.0 first. Can anyone help?

I have VM Ware fusion too.. I just want to install windows 7 (I already have xp on my partition), and according to the apple site, I need to have bootcamp 3.1, as well as Snow leopard. I have a 24" imac from 2008, so its otherwise good to go.

Is it possible I can upgrade to win 7 only with bootcamp 3.0?

By the way, my utitilities say I have 3.0.2 to be exact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

How did you do the up[grade? Need to install Bootcamp 3.0 and then carry out the upgrade whilst booted from Windows. Amongst the programs will be an Apple Software Update to download the update.

OP
M
Reaction score
Its my understanding I upgraded to Bootcamp 3.0 when I upgraded to Snow Leopard

Is there something special I need to do to make sure Snow Leopard upgraded to 3.0 correctly? I'm showing in my Utilities that I have Bootcamp 3.0. Or are you saying that even though upgraded to Snow Leopard, I have to wait for an Apple update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You have to do the Apple update from within Windows.

OP
M
Reaction score
How do I get the apple updates from within windows?

I figured out how to load apple updates, but it says its just for Itunes, quicktime, mobile me and safari... not for bootcamp? Should it not have a bootcamp update?

OP
M
Reaction score
That didn't work

I did apple updates anyhow, even though it didn't say anything about bootcamp, and nothing... thanks for trying to help though...

OP
M
Reaction score
Maybe software updates on my Mac?

I just did the Snow leopard update and I just got some advice from apple person, who said to initiate updates, keeping fingers crossed and will keep this up in case helps another...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.