• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Rent to Own Mac Websites???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving for a Mac
i had no idea where i should put this so im doing general chitchat section. i was wondering if anyone knows of a place i can rent to own a imac 27 or mac pro that delivers nation wide. im trying to get a degree in digital media but cant afford to outright buy a mac. and no one rents them that i can find where i live.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know of any place (at least here in the Dallas - Fort Worth area) that rents Macs. Plenty of places will rent you a PC though. :p

Can you afford to purchase a used Mac? Take a gander at your local Craig's list or Green Sheet. Sometimes you can find something that way which is affordable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Not aware of any Rent to Own Mac sites. Have you applied for credit through Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The interest rates are horrible compared to those for student loans.. which, btw, is perfectly legit to use on materials like a computer. The same holds true for the 'effective' interest rates on "rent to own" equipment.

OP
GamerGirlAlice
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving for a Mac
my credit is horible i cant even get a student loan, i live on very tight disabilty every month so my options are very limited i think

C

chas_m

The reason why nobody does rental/leasing of Macs (actually there are a few places, but very few) is because of the turnover of Mac models. Their machine will be "old" and "no good" long before the lease is paid off ... or worse, you rent a Mac for X number of months or years and then ... well, it goes away and you have nothing to show for the money you spent, just like apartments. :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If money is this tight, then you're probably better of with a non-Mac machine. I'm going to guess that most (if not all) of the software you need is available for Windows and if this is the case, pick yourself up a nice (cheaper) Windows machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.