Stage light effect

Reaction score
Can anyone please suggest what causes what I can only describe as stage lighting.
I seem to have an intermittent fault on start up with my Macbook pro 15 4,1 O/S10.6.8.
The screen looks as if it has stage lighting along the bottom, with vertical beams, also at odd times I get an almost black screen.
I have found that putting it to sleep by shutting the lid, or using the apple menu, and then, opening the lid or touching a key to wake it up, brings it all back to normal !!!!

I have tried to upload a photo of this problem.

Thanks in anticipation

screen.jpg

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Hard to see - looks like our resize plugin still isn't working correctly - but my first guess is a graphics chipset issue. I'd be making an appt with someone at the Apple Store on this one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's an led issue. My 08 had that problem. Contact apple. Also, closing and reopening the lid may clear it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.