Airport Asking Permission Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hi Everyone!
I've got a goofy situation that I can't figure out a permanent fix for. I couldn't find an answer anywhere, so I'm hoping one of you might be able to lend a hand.

I run OS X 10.4.11 on a MacBook Pro & connect to the internet wirelessly with the built in airport & an internet gateway named 2Wire 370. The service provider is A T & T's U-Userse.

Normally, I start the computer & both of my 'User Profiles" connect to the network fine. But, sometimes (not every time) if I switch users, who ever I switch to is kicked off the network & the airport icon shows no bars. I can't get to the internet, nor to my networked printer. A window pops up asking for "Permission To Make Changes To The Operating System", prompting me for administrator's name & password. The same thing happens if the computer goes to sleep mode.

Once I type the administrator's information in, life is good & I'm connected. The drop down arrow in the permission request box mentions:
com.airport.allow.network.cha

If I ditch this file & let OS X make a new one, I will have no troubles for, perhaps, a day or two. I've tried repairing permissions with disk utility & see no problems reported & nothing repaired. I've forced the maintenance scripts.

Do any of you have any ideas how to not have this happen? It certainly isn't life threatening, but it is pesky.
Thanks very much!
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.