Ever since installing Flash my computer & Firefox has been acting strange?

Reaction score
I installed Flash (from the adobe website) a week ago, and ever since my computer has been acting strange. I have a MacBook Pro and 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

Here's what my computer is doing:

- The first time I installed it, when I restarted my computer, it made a strange sound, the started rebooting about 5x before I had to shut it off.
- Now I have to force quit Firefox and reopen it every time I want to use it.
- Also, my computer randomly told me there was no memory left (when I attempted to save a Word document) and when I restarted it, it made the same weird sound and had the same trouble rebooting.

I have since uninstalled Flash, but the problem continues. Also, I cleared my history/cache, but that hasn't helped. I am concerned my hard drive will crash and I will lose all my data. I don't download illegally, so I don't think I picked up a virus that way.

Any ideas what is going on??? I have a warranty, do I need to go to the Apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
How much spare hard disk space have you got?

What version of flash is installed?

OP
J
Reaction score
I have 260 GB free on my hard drive.

I am running Flash 11.1.102.62

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.