iPhone - iPad - External Hard Drive - Sync/Backup

Reaction score
I am going to be travelling over seas for a month. I am seeking a method to backup/transfer photo's music, voice memos, notes, documents that I capture on the trip from my iPhone and iPad while away.

iCloud/Dropbox will only be an option if I find a WiFi hotspot. Data transfer rates are high and I would appreciate only use it for GPS assistance.

Much of my travelling will be in remote areas.

I have checked out Seagate GoFlex and Western Digital Wi Drives. They offer great WiFi access to pre downloaded material. I am unclear whether I can introduce new material from my iPhone/iPad to these devices.

Any ideas?

All are welcome :)

Zukee aka Kim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have no idea, really the only option that you do have is use icloud. but that is going to use your data. Why dont you backup once a week using it that way you wont use much data. you could tether that data from your phone to the ipad or jailbreak the phone and get tether me and 3g unrestrictor.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I can have it legally switched to allow any carrier and it already does tethering. Backing it up weekly may help although I am really hearing to have a spare piece of equipment for that just incase factor.

I am also looking into sim cards from the area I will be traveling.

I will keep looking. I have found ways to backup photos only and a smaller drive that may be useful. I have some time to do some research :)

Kim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.