New (refurb) 2010 Macbook Pro, 2.8 i7 8GB Ram, slower than my 2006 iMac,2.16 3GB Ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 i7, 8GB, OS X 10.6.8
Like the title says. When I first bought the computer, in late January from Apple, I was having problems with this and the battery. We did a hardware something reset (I think) and it helped "a little." Now it's back to being slow-ish. Battery seems to be ok.

Second problem is the keyboard volume control. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I notice when I plug in headphones it stops working and when I unplug the headphones it continues to NOT work. You can see the volume icon on the screen move up and down and mute, but it does nothing to the actual volume. It was acting like this right out of the box, but when Apple had me do the hardware reset (again, I think that's what it was called) it solved it, but now it's acting up. It's all very frustrating.

I bought this before going overseas and I now I'm here and I need this machine to work properly. Please help.

I'm in Japan and there's an apple store, but my conversation ability is no where near close enough to communicate this with anyone.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think I would call Apple in the US and ask them to make preparations with the local Apple Store to swap the machine out. Sounds like you have a lemon.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 i7, 8GB, OS X 10.6.8
I would love to but I don't have a phone. And there's no way (that I can see) to email them. It's just call or go the Discussion forums on the apple site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.