Improperly installed Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I am on a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard and used Boot Camp 3.0.4 to try and get Windows 7 on it. I partitioned the hard drive and successfully installed Windows 7 on my comp using my Windows 7 CD. However, I did so without ensuring that I have a Snow Leopard CD. So now I am stuck in Windows. Anybody got any solutions for a dumb man? Also, if I end up needing to get a new disc, to complete the Windows 7-Snow Leopard installation, will I lose the files I had on the Mac OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
In Windows 7, just launch the bootcamp manager, and select restart in OS X. Or, while booting, hold down the Option key and select OS X when it appears. Installing Windows via bootcamp does not erase OS X.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Zoolook, since he doesn't have the Snow Leopard CD handy, chances are he doesn't have the Boot Camp support software for Windows installed.

OP: If that's correct, you'll need to shut down the machine. Turn it back on and immediately press and hold the Option key. Continue holding until you're presented with a choice as to which partition you want to boot from. Choose 'Macintosh HD' and it should boot into OS X.

Once you get your Snow Leopard disc, you'll want to boot into Windows the same way... then, pop in the disc and install the Boot Camp package for Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Oops, I said command key, but it's Option key, thanks for the correction. It's been a while since I used bootcamp.

You should be able to download bootcamp 3.x from Apple's site though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.