USB Flash Drives formatting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.25 Ghz, 40GB HD, 512MB Ram, 32MB video, 8X SuperDrive, 80GB external USB drive
I have two usb flash drives (1- 256MB Lexar JumpDrive, 1- 64MB drive from AVB). What is happening is that whenever I save a file to either of them, and then remove the file later, the amount of space available stays the same, as if I'd never removed anything. So whenever I try to save something else to the drive, I get a message saying that I don't have enough space on the drive.

I've tried formatting them and get the same results. What would be the proper format for such drives and Mac OS X (Panther)? Why is this happening?

:confused:

J

jn4jenny

It's probably not a formatting issue, it's probably that your flash drive is storing a backup or a trashed version of the file on the flash drives, even if you trashed the file. Try exposing hidden files (I admit that for one particularly pesky flash drive, I had to plug it into a PC to see them.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.