Chess

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.58 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Memo
Hi everyone,

I looked around and didn't see this question posed so I am asking now. A while back, when I was trying to free up some space to partition my hard drive for Bootcamp, I deleted Chess, Garage Band, iDVD and a few other programs. Well, I just got them back by finding my Installation Install disc and it went smoothly.

Trouble is, I thought the Chess game would be on that disc somewhere but I don't see it. Do I have to do a total OS X reinstall to get Chess back? And if so, would it be an archive and install option?

Also, do I really need to back up all my files?

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The free Sigma Chess 6.2.1 is more colorful and a better game. Download from here.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.58 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Memo
Thanks, CHSCAG,

I've heard of that program and will take a look.

But also, you know how you get obsessed with things that sometimes aren't even important? That's how I feel about Mac Chess. Now I HAVE to find it just to satisfy my search, know what I mean? I know it's crazy but I'm sure a lot of people can relate. Thanks much.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That link leads to the PC version I think. I found the link for Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Charlie would not do that to you. It is the link to the Mac OS X.3 and later version. Wonder if it works with Lion?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Charlie would not do that to you. It is the link to the Mac OS X.3 and later version. Wonder if it works with Lion?

It isn't Charlie's link so much as it is the site. The page Charlie linked to is the Mac version - but when you click download it takes you to a page for the Windows version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.