Mac Pro is damaged, won't show the disk.

Reaction score
Hey,
My mac won't start. Or no, it will, since I'm typing on it, but it shows this utility thing that gives me 4 options : use time machine and restore, install os x lion from scratch, access the web or open disk utility. at this point I get that my mac is f*** up. So after I'm done crying, I decide to re install lion. Problem is, it won't show my 500gb disk, it just shows a 450Mo disk that is locked. At the beginning, it showed me the partition on which I installed windows on, but after I restarted, it just shows the 450 Mo one.
I'm really terrified. I want to access the disk and save some of my files, half of my studies are on it (I know I'm stupid I didn't back up)
Help please ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Have you started with Command R to attempt recovery of the Lion partition? If no joy try and boot from the Snow Leopard disc by holding down 'C' after the chime, and if it boots go into Utilities > Disk Utility > Repair Disk and see what is reported. Sounds like the hard drive has failed and here you be with no backup? Did you make a USB thumb drive with Lion installed prior to hitting the Install button?

OP
I
Reaction score
I formated the disk and installed Snow Leopard on it. Works fine now. But I've lost everything.
Thanks for your answer :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Gat an external and use Time Machine in future, its saved my butt a couple of times

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.