• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Adding Credits to IDVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook2,1 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz, 2gig Mem, OS X Lion, 320 HD
I exported from iMovie to iDVD. This is my first time. I selected the revolution theme. This is a promo DVD for an act and I would like to add contact information and credits. I watched the tutorials and looked up help but can't seem to find how to do it. Can someone please tell me how? I'm embarrassed asking such a rudimentary question.

Thank you

C

chas_m

I can't think of any way to do this at the DVD stage. Surely this should have been added to the iMovie video?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook2,1 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz, 2gig Mem, OS X Lion, 320 HD
It was added to the video; however, I wanted to make a separate menu for these items as well. A friend has a program that came with Windows that will add credits etc. I thought for sure iDVD would do the same.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
however, I wanted to make a separate menu for these items as well.
Make another movie in iMovie showing just the credits, then add it to your iDVD project.

C

chas_m

You could also create "credits" by making slides or images of the credits you want and adding that to the DVD as a DVD slideshow ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.