iPhone not showing up in finder

Reaction score
when I plug my iphone4s ios5.0.1 into my iMac OS X 10.7.3 it shows up in i Tunes no problem but does not show up in my finder under devices. Why is this, it shows up in windows? and if it does not show up in finder how to I get my photos from my camera roll off it without going through emailing them?

C

chas_m

If your iPhone has pictures on it that are not synced with iPhoto, iPhoto will be automatically launched when you connect the iPhone unless you have specifically turned this ability off.

OP
M
Reaction score
i must have turned off everything in iphoto since i use photoshop to organize and edit. i went in and turned on photo capture when a camera is connected and hope this works. thanks for the help

Reaction score
iphone not showing up on mac

Hi, I am having the same trouble. And the answers given here do not help.

I am trying to get help from apple on this. I will keep you informed.

Thanks,

Bob

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The iPhone does not appear in Finder as it does in Windows without the aid of some third party software.

With the phone connected go to the Photos tab in iTunes and make sure photo syncing is on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.