Having multiple apple devices?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I'm just curious. How many of you own a mac, an iPhone , and an iPad?

How do you manage all 3 on one mac? And how do you use each of them? Do you find yourself neglecting your mac and just using the iPad? What is your experience?

I have a early 2011 13'' MBP and iPhone 4. I'm thinking about getting a refurb iPad 2.

C

chas_m

I personally have one Mac (a BlackBook), two iPhones (original and 4) and an iPad (2010, about to be sold).

How do I manage them? I don't. iTunes knows each device and does almost all the work for me.

How do I use them? The Mac I use constantly, the iPhone 4 I use for calls and fun here in Canada, the old iPhone (unlocked) I use for my US phone when I'm in the states.

I don't neglect my Mac, but I do find that all my "leisure" computing and movie/tv watching and reading goes to the iPad now. I absolutely love this thing but now that the third-gen iPad is out it's time for an upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I use my MBP all the time and my iPhone is always with me and I use my iPad when watching tv or outside drinking coffee or when I have insomnia. The wife picks up the iPad constantly.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
In my house we now have 3 iPhones, an iPod and an iPad all synced to my Mac Mini which lives under the TV and acts as a media hub (I have an Apple TV upstairs and an airport driving a B&W Zeplin). My wife has an Air and I have a Pro. iTunes handles all the i-devices effortlessly.

I use my iPhone outside the house by default, and use the iPad for work (client visits) plus browsing, reading and games in the house / hotel.

My wife uses her Air for surfing and email, I use my Pro for occasional surfing and running more creative software (graphics programs, writing). My Pro is my 'master' computer for my email account.

I find they all have their place and all get a share of the usage; each is a different proposition on the spectrum from portability at one end through to power at the other.

Reaction score
Exactly how chaz put it. iTunes coordinates them all so well. But, I do tend to lounge on the couch more and with the bluetooth keyboard i bought for my iPad, I tend to neglect the mbp more now.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
iPhone 3GS, Original iPad, Mac Pro and MacBook Pro. The Mac Pro is a media server and "grinder" for converting video. I occasionally also use it when I want to watch episodes of some TV shows on the web.

The iPad and iPhone are with me constantly. I find the iPhone screen a tad small for anything serious at work. I also use the iPad with some of my students (despite a recently cracked screen). I use it for web surfing while watching TV and controlling the headless server.

My Mac Book Pro is now my primary machine even though it is a 2008 model. I will occasionally go a day or so without turning it on for something but that is rare.

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Thanks for the great replies! I went ahead and bit the bullet and got the iPad :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Iphone: Phone, email, iPod, navigation, imessage/text message and quick internet searches.

iPad: Movies in bed, www surfing, games and used when I travel.

MBP: Used only at home for anything that involves a lot of typing, anything that requires a lot of storage and for burning.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
iMac, MBP, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad here.... They all have their roles - and all get used. The iPod and iPad get a lot less use once I finally got the iPhone - but I still use the iPad daily. The iPod just sits in the car as the dedicated mp3 player. I use Dropbox, 1P, Evernote, iTunes and iCloud to keep things in sync across all devices. Works just great for me. Planning to get an MBP Air soon - but that will be a work computer so not sure how much I'll integrate with my other devices yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.