Help~Disc Drive Wont Respond!

Reaction score
I've never had a problem before with my disc drive, but it is currently not responding. I have rebooted my mac first by shutting down, then by resting. Neither of those have done a thing... Any ideas? I have no idea what to do!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I hope you mean your hard drive (disk drive "might" include CDROM drive, so I ask)?

Please try restarting and hold the shift key immediately after the gong sound. This will do a "Safe Boot." It will automatically do a Disk Drive repair and clear a couple of caches, and it takes a lot longer to complete. If it does complete, just restart normally.
Does that help?

OP
K
Reaction score
I hope you mean your hard drive (disk drive "might" include CDROM drive, so I ask)?

Please try restarting and hold the shift key immediately after the gong sound. This will do a "Safe Boot." It will automatically do a Disk Drive repair and clear a couple of caches, and it takes a lot longer to complete. If it does complete, just restart normally.
Does that help?
Yes, I mean CDROM drive. I completed the Safe Boot, and then restarted... Still nothing.. Thanks for your reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad
First did you see it in the diskutility ?
In System Preference>Hardware>Cd DVD which options are used

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.